Grants for Disabled in Kansas

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Kansas may have one of the lower costs of living in the country, but that doesn’t mean everyone finds it easy to make ends meet. There are many people in the state who struggle to overcome challenges with paying for their bills. This is especially true for those who are disabled, because they may find it more difficult to earn a higher salary. The good news is that there are grants for the disabled in Kansas.

You can apply for all of the grant programs that you feel you qualify for. There’s no limit to the number of programs you can receive help from at one time. Plus, you never have to pay grants back. They are considered to be gifts that are given to people in the community who need the help.

Grants for Disabled in Kansas

Catholic Charities – This nonprofit organization helps people in the community to meet a variety of their basic needs. If you need help with avoiding homelessness, obtaining food, or you have a crisis situation they can help. They offer numerous programs to help people all around Kansas. Contact the location that is closest to you to see what grants for disabled they can help you with.

Food Assistance Program – If you need help with obtaining food each month you may qualify for help through the Kansas Food Assistance Program. If you are approved for the program you receive a Kansas Benefit card. The debit-style card can be used to pay for your groceries at the store. To qualify, you have to meet the low income requirements and have no more than $3,750 worth of assets for the household. The amount that you receive in your monthly grant will be determined by how many people are in your household. They also offer an emergency food assistance program for those who need help obtaining food immediately.

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) – This program provides grants for disabled in Kansas that can be used to pay for utility bills. Each year, they will pay for one of your energy bills. You can reapply each year that you need the help paying the bill. You have to meet the low income requirements to be approved. Applications are taken January through March of each year.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program – This program provides food assistance for those who are over the age of 60 and have a low income. If you are approved, they will provide you with food each month, including such things as rice, pasta, milk, dry beans, cereals, and produce.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – This is the biggest agency in the country that provides housing help. The federally funded agency provides grants for disabled in Kansas that will help to pay your rent, avoid foreclosure, and make essential home repairs. They offer a voucher program that helps pay rent, as well as a public housing option that will provide you with a free government-owned home to live in. They also provide weatherization services, which will reduce your monthly utility bills.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – This program provides monthly cash grants for disabled in Kansas who are qualified. The cash grants can be used to pay for a wide variety of living expenses, including transportation, food, rent, bills, medical care, and more. To qualify for this program, you have to have a low income, be a legal citizen, and not have more than $2,250 worth of assets. The longest that one can receive a TANF grant is 24 months. This program will also provide you with other services if you need them, such as job training, transportation services, moving costs related to a job, physical health services, and more.

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page