Grants for Disabled in Indiana

Help other disabled people by sharing!

If you are disabled and living in Indiana, you may find it helpful to know there are numerous programs in place to help people through financial difficulties. The programs are made possible through the federal and state government and they offer grants for the disabled in Indiana. The grants that the programs offer will help with all aspects of meeting your basic needs.

One of the great things about grants is that you don’t ever have to worry about paying them back. Considered gifts, they are given to people in the community to help ensure their basic needs are being met. There’s no limit to the number of programs you can get grants from, so apply for all that you feel qualified for.

Grants for Disabled in Indiana

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – This is a federal program that ensures that people do not go hungry. If you are approved for this program you will receive grants that are to be used to purchase food. They will provide you with a debit-style card that you can use to pay for your items. The amount you will receive depends on how many dependents you have in your household. The program is only open to those who have a low income, and you cannot have more than $5,000 in household assets.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – If you have at least one minor child in the home you can apply for cash grants for disabled in Indiana through the TANF program. The monthly cash grants can be used to pay for living expenses, including paying bills, buy groceries, transportation, and more. You do have to have a low income and no more than $1,000 in household assets to be approved.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – This program is to help people find affordable housing and to help them with their rent. If you need help paying your rent you may be able to get grants for disabled in Indiana through this program. The voucher program will pay for your rent, but they also have a Section 8 program that can provide you with government owned housing. Additionally, they will help people avoid foreclosure and provide weatherization services.

Energy Assistance Program – Those who need help paying their monthly energy bills can apply for a grant through the Energy Assistance Program. The window to apply opens each year on October 1st. You can reapply each year that you need the assistance. If you are approved for a grant it will be paid directly to the energy provider on your behalf. This program will help you pay for your heating and cooling bills, as well as your water bills.

Catholic Charities – If you need help with avoiding homelessness, crisis situations, or need food you can reach out to Catholic Charities. The nonprofit organization provides grants for disabled in Indiana that can be used to help meet your basic needs. They are not usually real strict about meeting certain requirements in order to get the help. Their mission is to help everyone in the community who needs assistance. Contact the location closest to you to start the process of getting help.

Home Repairs Grants – Those who need help paying to have home repairs done can apply for a grant through the Home Repairs program. This is a federally funded program that will help people who have a low income get the home repairs that they need. Whether you need help with repairing your heating system, you have plumbing problems, or there are other issues, you may be able to get help. This program is open to everyone who meets the income requirements.

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page