Grants for Disabled in Iowa

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Iowa is a state that offers a variety of programs to help people with meeting their basic needs. This is especially true for those who are disabled and may find it more challenging to earn a higher living. The programs that are in place will provide grants for disabled in Iowa that will help with paying rent, obtaining food, paying utility bills, and more.

If you worry about paying grants back you can take comfort in hearing that you will never have to do that. Grants are considered to be gifts given to help people through challenging times, and they will never have to be paid back. This makes them different than loans. Apply for as many programs as you feel you will be approved for.

Grants for Disabled in Iowa

Family Investment Program – This is a cash assistance program that will provide grants for disabled in Iowa. The cash grants can be used to pay for things like housing, clothing, bills, transportation, and more. Most people who are approved for this program must have at least one minor child they are providing care for. There is a 60-month limit on how long you can receive grants from the Family Investment Program. 

State Supplementary Assistance – This program is specifically for those who have disabilities who live in Iowa. The program provides cash grants for disabled in Iowa, which can be used to cover your living expenses. To qualify, you have to be disabled, as well as have resources of no more than $2,000 for an individual, and meet the low income requirements.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – Formerly referred to as food stamps, this federally funded program will provide you with a way to pay for food each month. Those who are approved for the program will receive a debit card that can be used to make their food purchases at the store. The amount you receive is determined by how many dependents live in your home.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program – This is another program that will provide people with food each month. With this program you have to be over the age of 60 and have a low income. If you are approved you will receive such items each month as produce, cereals, cheese, peanut butter, pasta, and powdered milk. They also provide people of all ages with emergency food assistance.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – If you find it difficult to pay the rent or obtain affordable housing you may be able to get help from HUD. This federally funded program will provide grants for disabled in Iowa that can be used to pay for rent, avoid foreclosure, and more. They also offer public housing options and weatherization services.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – This program provides grants for disabled in Iowa to help pay for utility bills. Those who are approved will get help paying for their heating and cooling bills. If you are approved, the grant will be given to the energy provider and your bill will be credited. You can apply anytime from November 1st through April 30th. You can reapply each year that you need help paying your utility bills.

Catholic Charities – While this nonprofit organization is religiously affiliated, you do not have to be religious in order to get help from them. They provide grants that help with avoiding homelessness, obtaining food, addressing crisis situations, and more. Contact the location that is near you to see what grant programs for disabled they offer in the state. They also do not usually require people to prove that they have a low income. Their assistance is open to everyone who says they need the help.

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page