Grants for Disabled in Missouri

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Those who are disabled and living in the state of Missouri may at times experience financial difficulty. Everyone does, but being disabled may make it a little more difficult to earn a higher wage. If you are experiencing financial difficulty it’s important to know that there are grants for disabled in Missouri, and they can be used to help pay for things like rent, utility bills, and to purchase food.


You can obtain help from all of the programs below if you meet the qualifications. There’s no limit to the number of programs you can receive assistance from in the state of Missouri. Plus, being that they are grants you will never have to pay them back, unlike if they were loans. You will need to meet the low income requirements and be a legal citizen or legal non-citizen in order to be approved for the programs.


Grants for Disabled in Missouri


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – This federally funded program used to be known as food stamps. It will provide those who qualify with a monthly grant that they can use to purchase food. The amount you receive in your grant depends on the number of people in your household. There is no limit to how long you can receive a SNAP grant. As long as you need the food assistance you can continue to receive it. The SNAP grant is given to people on a debit card that can be used as a payment source at grocery stores and many farmers markets.


Temporary Assistance – This assistance program will provide monthly cash grants for disabled in Missouri if they meet the qualifications. You do have to have at least one minor child you are caring for in order to receive the grant. The amount you receive depends on the number of dependents you have. The monthly cash grant can be used on a wide variety of living expenses, including transportation, food, clothing, housing, and more. You have to be a legal resident of the state to be eligible.


Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – If you need help paying the rent you may qualify for a grant through HUD. They provide grants for disabled in Missouri to help pay rent, as well as avoid foreclosure. They also offer Section 8 public housing, which will provide people with a free government-owned unit to live in. If you need essential home repairs done or would like to lower your monthly utility bills they have programs in place to help with those issues as well.


Missouri HealthNet – This is a federal program that is the same as what is known in other states as Medicaid. The program provides people with free access to healthcare. If you are approved they will pay for such things as hospitalization, primary care visits, prescription drugs, specialty care appointments, and more. You have to be a legal citizen and have a low income to be approved.


Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – If you need help paying for your heating bill you may be able to get help through LIHEAP. The program offers grants for disabled in Missouri to help pay for utility bills. They will pay for one per year, but you can reapply each year that you need help. They also offer crisis assistance if you are facing disconnection of your heating or other utilities. They begin taking applications every October 1st. You can apply through the mail.


Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) – This program is similar to LIHEAP, but it’s for helping to pay water bills. If you need help paying for your water bill you may be able to get a grant. The grants are paid directly to the service provider on your behalf. They begin accepting applications for this year program on October 1st. You can apply every year that you need the assistance. If you are facing a disconnection of your water they can help you avoid that with their crisis assistance program.


Catholic Charities – This is a good organization to turn to if you need help with things like crisis situations, homelessness, addiction treatment, and obtaining food. They will provide help and grants for disabled in Missouri if you have a low income and need the assistance. There are Catholic Charities locations around the country, so be sure to contact the one that is close to you. Inquire with that location about the services and assistance programs that you may be able to get help from.

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page