Grants for Disabled in Oklahoma

Help other disabled people by sharing!



Those who are disabled and live in Oklahoma can take comfort in knowing that there are programs in place that can help during financially challenging times. The programs will provide a variety of grants for disabled in Oklahoma that can be used for such things as buying groceries, paying utility bills, paying rent, and more. The programs will help ensure that your basic needs are being met.


Another comforting thing to consider about the grant programs is that you will never have to pay the funds back, because they are not loans. They are considered gifts and there is no limit to the number of programs you can get them from at once. Therefore, it’s a good idea to apply for as many as you feel you qualify for.


Grants for Disabled in Oklahoma


Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – If you need help paying for your rent or finding affordable housing, HUD may be able to provide assistance. The HUD program is federally funded and offers several programs to help with housing issues. They offer a public housing, or Section 8, option that will provide people with a government-owned unit to live in. They also offer a voucher program that will help you pay for your rent wherever you live, and they offer a foreclosure avoidance program to help home buyers. Additionally, they will help with weatherization services, which will lower your monthly utility bills. To qualify for the programs, you have to have a low income and be a legal citizen or legal non-citizen.


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – This program offers food assistance for those who have a low income. The program offers food grants for disabled in Oklahoma that are provided in the form of a debit card that can be used as the payment source at the store. The amount of the monthly grant is determined by how many people are in your household. There is no limit to how long you can receive SNAP, but you do have to meet the low income requirements to be approved. They also require that you are a legal citizen or legal alien, and that you supply the Social Security Number for each person in the household.


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – This program provides grants for Disabled in Oklahoma in the form of cash. The monthly cash grants can be used to pay for a variety of living expenses, including transportation, food, housing, clothing, and more. To qualify for this program you have to have at least one minor child in the home you are caring for, have a low income, cooperate with Child Support Services, and be a legal citizen or non-legal alien. The amount of the monthly grant is determined by the number of dependents, and the benefit is time-limited.


Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – This program provides grants to help people pay for their utility bills. To qualify, you have to have a low income and be the person responsible for paying the bill. They provide crisis and non-crisis assistance. The regular program is available November through January, and the crisis program is available March through May. If you are approved, the grant will be paid to the utility provider on your behalf.


SoonerCare – This program is known as Medicaid in other states. The federally-funded program will provide grants for disabled in Oklahoma that are used to pay for medical bills and healthcare. Those who are approved for the Medicaid program will receive help with paying for hospitalization, vision care, primary care, dental care, prescription drugs, specialty doctors, and more.




Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page