Grants for Disabled in New York

Help other disabled people by sharing!



Many people who live in New York find that the cost of living is higher than what they are able to earn. This is especially true for those who have disabilities, because they may find it more difficult to have a higher paying job. The good news is that there are many programs that offer grants for disable din New York, which can be used to help ensure that basic living needs are being met.


The cost of living is especially high for those who live in New York City, because it ranks among the cities with the highest cost of living. The grant programs in place will help pay for everything from rent and food to clothing and housing. Plus, grants never have to be paid back, since they are not loans.


Grants for Disabled in New York


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – This program is federally funded and will provide cash grants to help meet needs. The funds can be used for clothing, food, housing, and transportation. The longest you can receive grants through the TANF program is 60 months. With TANF, you have to have at least one minor child in the household. The amount you receive depends on the number of dependents you have. To receive assistance you have to have a low income.


Safety Net Assistance (SNA) – This program offers cash assistance for those who do not qualify for the TANF program. This program is open to single adults and couples that don’t have minor children. There is a maximum lifetime of 60 months that you can receive a grant through the Safety Net Assistance program. The amount you receive will be determined by how many dependents you have.


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – If you need help with obtaining food each month you may qualify for SNAP. The program is federally funded and used to be known as food stamps. Those who are approved will receive a debit card that they can use to purchase their groceries each month. The amount you receive is determined by how many people live in your household. To qualify, you have to meet the low income requirements.


Heating and Cooling Assistance Program (HEAP) – Those who need help paying for their heating and cooling bills may be able to get help through HEAP. The program will provide grants for disabled in New York to help pay for such utility bills as electric, natural gas, oil, propane, coal, kerosene, and more. To be eligible for the program, you have to have a low income, be a legal citizen or legal non-citizen, and be the person responsible for paying the bill.


Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – This program will help people locate affordable housing options. They also have programs in place that will provide grants for disabled in New York to help them with paying rent and avoiding foreclosure. They will also provide free weatherization services, which will help to reduce your monthly utility bills. If you need help repairing or replacing your heating and cooling unit they may also be able to help with that. You do have to have a low income to be approved for their programs. They also offer a public housing / Section 8 program that provides people with a free government-owned unit to live in.


Medicaid – If you need help paying for your medical bills and you have a low income apply for Medicaid. This federally funded program helps people receive all types of healthcare. The program is open to those with a low income and who are legal citizens or legal noncitizens. There is no limit to how long you can receive financial help through Medicaid.



Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page