Grants for Disabled in Massachusetts

Help other disabled people by sharing!



Massachusetts is one of the most expensive states to live in. This makes it more difficult for people to afford such things as housing. People who are disabled may find this especially true, since it may be more challenging for them to earn a higher living. The good news is that there are numerous programs that will provide grants for disabled in Massachusetts, helping to pay for such things as rent and food.


Grants, unlike loans, never have to be paid back. They are considered gifts to help those in need, including paying for housing, food, healthcare, and utility bills. If you meet the qualifications, you may be able to receive grants from all of the programs below simultaneously.


Grants for Disabled in Massachusetts


Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC) – If you are disabled and have a family, with at least one minor child, you may qualify for cash grants from TANF in Massachusetts. The program provides cash grants that can be used to help with covering the cost of living expenses, such as rent, transportation, food, clothing, hygiene products, and more. The amount you receive for your monthly cash grant depends on the number of people in your household. This program will also help with job training assistance.


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – This program provides grants for disabled in Massachusetts that are used to purchase food. If you are approved, you will receive a debit card that can be used each month to pay for your groceries. This program, which used to be referred to as food stamps, is federally funded. The amount of your monthly grant will be determined by how many people are in your household.


Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled, and Children (EAEDC) – The mission of this program is to help certain members of the population through economic challenges. If you have an emergency situation this program provides grants for disabled in Massachusetts. To qualify, you have to be a legal citizen or legal non-citizen, be a resident of the state, and meet low income requirements.


Home Energy Assistance Programs – If you need help paying for your monthly utility bills you may qualify for a grant to help pay at least one bill per year. The state offers a Fuel Assistance program to help pay for heating bills, as well as a Heating System & Replacement Program, which will help pay for heating system repair bills. They also offer a weatherization program, which will help to make your home more energy efficient, thus lowering your monthly bill.


Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – This program will help with a variety of your housing needs. Funded by the federal government, HUD offers several programs to help those in need, including providing grants for disabled in Massachusetts. They offer public housing, a voucher program to help pay your rent, and they will help people avoid foreclosure. They also provide emergency housing assistance and weatherization services. You have to meet the low income qualifications to be approved for the program, as well as be a legal resident of the state.


MassHealth – This program is similar to the nationwide Medicaid program. Those who are approved for MassHealth will receive help paying for their medical bills. This includes going to a primary care doctor, specialist, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and more. To qualify, you have to be a legal citizen and meet the low income and assets guidelines.


Catholic Charities – This nonprofit organization has locations around the nation. They provide programs to help people in need, such as providing food, addiction counseling, shelters, and more. Contact the location near you to see what programs are offered for those who are disabled.

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page