Grants for Disabled in Florida

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Florida is one of the states where many people are moving to each year. The state offers plenty of sunshine, lots of activities to keep you busy, and good weather all year long. But many people feel it lacks good paying jobs, which may leave some people in need of help paying the bills. The good news is that there are grants for disabled in Florida, and they will help ensure your basic needs are being met.

Grants never have to be paid back, unlike loans. Therefore, if you receive any grants for disabled in Florida you can take comfort in knowing that they are gifts to help you meet your needs. Whether you need help during short challenging times or long term financial assistance, the grant programs are there to help every step of the way.

Grants for Disabled in Florida

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – If you need help paying for your rent then you may be able to get grants from this program. They offer a voucher program that will allow you to live where you want to and they will give you a grant to pay for the rent. They will also help with such things as weatherization and making home repairs. These grants for disabled in Florida are made possible through the federal government. In addition to offering public housing and help paying the rent, they will also help home buyers avoid foreclosure.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – This program provides grants to help people with their food needs. If you are approved for the program you will be able to use a debit card they provide to purchase food each month at the grocery store or farmers market. The amount of your monthly grant depends on how many people are in your home. To be eligible for this grant program you have to have a low income, and not be convicted of any drug trafficking. It’s also only open to legal citizens.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – This federally funded grant program will provide cash grants for disabled in Florida. The cash grants can be used for a wide variety of living expenses, such as food, rent, transportation, clothing, etc. To get help through this program in Florida you have to have at least one child under the age of 18 that you are caring for. The amount you receive each month depends on how many dependents you have and what their ages are.

Temporary Cash Assistance – If you do not have any minor children in your care then you may qualify for the Temporary Cash Assistance program. This program provides grants for disabled in Florida that can be used on all types of living expenses. The program is for individuals, rather than for families. There is a lifetime limit of how long you can receive the grants, which is 48 months. Additionally, you must be a legal citizen or legal non-citizen to qualify.

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – If you need help paying for your monthly energy bills you can apply for a grant through LIHEAP. This program will pay for one of your energy bills each year, and you can reapply every year if you continue to need the help. If you are approved, the grant will be given to the energy provider on your behalf. You do have to meet the low income requirements, be the person responsible for paying the energy bill, and be a legal Florida resident. This program will provide grants to help pay for heating and cooling bills, as well as providing weatherization services. Once you receive weatherization services your monthly energy bills will be lower as a result.

Help other disabled people by sharing!

Disable AdBlocker to Continue...

Please disable your ad blocker to view our free grants. We are a non-profit and ad revenue keeps us afloat. Thank you for understanding.

Refresh Page